1966 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova Super Sport. This V8 SS is fitted with a VIN stamped block matching the car’s VIN and a stamped engine suffix code of ‘ZG’ identifying a L79 327/350 horsepower legendary small block. The L79 is backed by a Muncie 4 speed transmission and a 12 bolt rear axle for performance. The Chevy II underwent a complete restyling in 1966 into what many people consider the most desirable example of the marquee. This Nova SS had a restoration performed in 2005 to its original Marina Blue exterior with blue bucket seat interior. During the restoration by the previous owner, theL79engine was rebuilt complete with new pistons, connecting rods, and valves. The original crankshaft was inspected, polished, and reused in the rebuild. The rear end was rebuilt to original standards. During the restoration, the interior, engine bay, and body were all completed providing results that make this car easy to cruise and to enjoy. At the time of restoration, the odometer read 35,000 miles; however, it was not functioning. The speedometer was replaced, and the current odometer displays the mileage since restoration of 200 (title states mileage exempt). The Nova SS comes with a copy of the original build sheet. This is a legendary performance package that is able to be driven and enjoyed while still having great investment potential at an exceptionally affordable price.
For more pictures and Information:
Call us at: (207) 532-8918
· Engine: L79 327/350HP with matching VIN stamp and correct ‘ZG’ suffix
· Displacement: 327 CID
· 1970 LT-1/Z28 rare GM factory aluminum intake, aftermarket Holley carburetor, aftermarket water pump
· Muncie 4-Speed manual transmission
· Chevy II 12 bolt rear axle, 3.73 gears
· Master cylinder with power brakes, power steering
· During the restoration, the following items were replaced: new exhaust, Holley carburetor, battery, new pistons, connecting rods and valves, and other items.
· During the restoration, the following items were rebuilt: motor with polished crankshaft rear axle and other items.
· Restored Marina Blue finish in 2005
· Assembled at the Willow Run plant
· Original Nova SS V8 car by VIN and Trim tag
· SS trim
· Comes with a copy of the build sheet.
· During the restoration, the following items were replaced: tires, shocks, new trunk mat, detailed engine compartment, and other items.
· Nicely restored and appointed Blue bucket seat interior
· Fully optioned with SS options, including consul, AM radio.
· During the restoration, the following items were replaced: upholstery, carpet, speedometer.
For more pictures and Information:
Call us at: (207) 532-8918
About McCann Auto:
McCann Auto has been in the business of buying, selling, and restoringclassic cars since 1989. We provide each customer withour Car Information Report, Inspection Checklist, and other documentation on each classic vehicle sold to support your educated decision. Our free Car Information Report includes the car’s VIN, data plate information, pertinent visible casting and date code information with photos as applicable for classic cars. Our free Car Inspection Checklist includes information on all items inspected and maintenance or improvements McCann Auto has performed. For late model classics, we offer a free car history report. Even with all the information we offer, we still encourage customers to inspect the car to ensure complete confidence. To help acquire the classic car of your dreams, we also offer great financing options, no dealer fees, and various shipping options.
Terms & Conditions
Terms of Sale:
By placing a bid on this vehicle, you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle. McCann Auto reserves the right to cancel all existing bids and end the auction early should the item no longer be available for sale. Winning this auction does not entitle you to come inspect the car and decide if you want to buy it, but obligates you to complete the purchase.
McCann Auto has represented this vehicle to the best of its ability. Prospective bidders are encouraged to contact us directly to provide additional information or answer any questions BEFORE bidding. All vehicles are sold "AS IS" and with no warranties - expressed or implied. Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage, or manufacturer, are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure.
McCann Auto encourages bidder to have a personal inspection (or third-party inspection) completed BEFORE bidding to help ensure your satisfaction. Inspection fees, if any, are buyer’s responsibility.
A deposit is a commitment to purchase and is non-refundable. A deposit of $1,000 (non-refundable) must be paid within 24 hours of the close of the auction. Deposit will be applied to the purchase amount. The remaining balance must be paid within 3 days. Paypal may be used to make a deposit but not the remaining payment.
McCann Auto accepts the following payment methods:
· Bank Wire transfer (preferred)
· Bank Certified Check
· Cash (in person)
· Personal check (once cleared)
Funds & Financing: For help arranging a Pre-Approved loan or for any questions regarding financing, please contact us BEFORE bidding at 207-532-8918 or email us at Contact@McCannAuto.com.
Vehicle Pickup & Shipping:
All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. McCann Auto can assist in finding a shipping company. McCann Auto assumes no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once a vehicle is in a shipper's custody.
Fees and Taxes:
· Taxes are subject to location of vehicle and buyer's place of residency. Buyer is responsible for taxes paid.
· Maine residents are required to pay 5.5% sales tax plus State of Maine title and registration fees.
· McCann Auto wants you to know exactly what you're looking at, so please call (207-532-8918) or email us (Contact@McCannAuto.com) with any questions BEFORE bidding.
· The following will be needed before the vehicle is released: signed purchase contracts, cleared payment in full, and a copy of your driver's license.
· Trades: McCann Auto welcomes trades on our vehicles for sale. If you’d like to trade, please contact us BEFORE bidding at 207-532-8918 or email us at Contact@McCannAuto.com.
Please contact McCann Auto for further information regarding our Terms & Conditions.